It’s exciting to go college as it’s the place where your knowledge is shaped and nurtured. But now days a part of this melodious self contained campus is even the brutal crime budding within. There are regular threatens of the campus fights and violence in news which is becoming a matter to worry for many parents.
If you are getting the admission in some leading college then here are few safety precautions that will help you provide you good college safety. These safety tips will help you to stay protected in your college campus.
- Note all the emergency phone call number throughout your college campus that is getting directly in link with the securities. Study your campus and keep in notice where the phones are located in your campus route.
- Join some defense classes; be prepared for any kind of attack. You will get to learn through these classes that what part of body should be punched or kicked to fight off the attacker. Girls should attend these seminars more to learn the measures to prevent the rape situations.
- You can use the campus escorts if you are alone and its night time many universities volunteer escorts that will walk along you. These escorts can even be screened before.
- Avoid walking through the lonely areas of your campus. Walk in the open parts and opt to walk in the most traveled path of college. Do avoid the lonely and deserted parts, and most especially during night hours.
- Keep in notice the emergency exit from your room and know the locations of fire extinguisher. Do keep checking that the smoke detectors are working or not.
- Keep your door room locked don’t let anyone enter without your permission. Don’t keep the doors open even if your some friend is coming. Open them as and when required.
- Keep your ATM’s at the safest place. If you are going at night for the withdrawal take along a friend avoid going alone. As you receive the cash, put your ATM in your pocket back.
Going to college is always exciting but you need to be aware of all the surroundings as college life and security go hand in hand. Read the college news paper or magazines and be updated of what is going on in your surroundings as these magazines alert the students about the latest problems. Safety for students is slogan of every college and few colleges have college watch programs, you should join it if your college has as it’s a crime prevention program. If you find anything suspicious inform the security.
Be alert to be safe can be your logo.